What is Ask Others?
Ask Others is the social media platform for getting things done. You can post a need you have or respond to someone else’s post. Do you need to borrow someone’s truck to haul a piece of furniture? Do you need someone’s design expertise to design your landscaping? Are you in the market for a used car for your teenager? Are you looking for a group of volunteers? Whatever you need, let others know about it. On Ask Others ask questions, clarify expectations, negotiate terms, pay and be paid, build your profile, and rate your experience.
Why use Ask Others?
Posting on this website is a convenient way to tell others about the tasks you need completed or the items you need to buy or borrow. You can even organize a group of volunteers if that’s what you need. On the other side of the coin, this website is a great way to help other people, to get rid of the things you no longer need, and to make some money on the side.
Ask Others terminology
- Provider – As a provider you are the person who sells or rents out something. You are also the person who provides a service or consultation.
- Consumer – As a consumer you are the person who buys or rents something. You are also the person who hires someone to do something for you.
- Request – This is simply what you need from someone else, whether it be an item, service, or consultation.
- Post a request – This is the process of submitting a request on the Ask Others platform. As the consumer you describe your request with words, pictures, and or video to communicate most effectively.
- Bid a request – Are you able to help someone with their request? Submit the terms of your assistance in the form of a bid. Only the consumer who posted the request will see the terms of your bid.
- Request alert – Do you want to be notified when a consumer submits a certain type of request? Set up your alert notifications so that you don’t miss an opportunity.
- Notifications – Text? Push notification? Email? It’s your choice. Anytime someone on the Ask Others platform is attempting to communicate with you, we will let you know.